Course Care & Etiquette
1. Enter from an easy low access point.
2. Take rake with you.
3. Rake bunker after playing shot.
4. Exit bunker from the same point you entered.
5. After raking, the rake is to be placed in the bunker at the entry point in a manner that is in line with the direction of play.
6. Do Not enter or exit via steep sides.
1. Always start at the back of the mark and push forward with the repairer.
2. Use repairer around all sides and slowly ease turf toward the centre of the mark. Do not lift the soil upwards.
3. Lightly tap down with putter.
1. Remove any loose turf from the affected area.
2. Knock in all sides of the edge of the divot with your club or your shoe.
3. Correctly mend divot by filling with sand. Always carry a sand bucket full of sand.
Etiquette on Greens
Flagsticks, Bags, etc.
Players should ensure that, when putting down bags, or the flagstick, no damage is done to the putting green, and that neither they nor their caddies damage the hole by standing close to it in handling the flagstick or in removing the ball from the hole. The flagstick should be properly replaced in the hole before the players leave the putting green.
Push Buggy’s / Electric Golf Carts
Push Buggy’s must not be wheeled across greens, please wheel them around!
Electric Golf Carts must be parked a minimum of 15 meters away from the greens and surrounds
Handling the flag
1. Do not drop the flagstick on the putting surface as it will cause damage.
2. Always lower the flagstick by club or by hand.
3. Avoid damage to surrounds by placing the stick in the centre of the cup.
Players are requested to NOT to use their putter to remove their golf ball from the hole.
The following points should be carefully noted:
- All Members must observe the Etiquette of Golf.
- No person should move, talk, or stand close to or directly behind the ball while a player is making a stroke.
- No players should make a stroke until the players in front are out of range.
- Players should move briskly between strokes and vacate the green promptly after completion of each hole.
- Players should move directly toward the ball and be ready to play in turn.
- Players must replace all divots, and must ensure that the bunker is raked after the ball has been played.
- Players should leave buggies as near as possible to the next tee.
- Players must not mark score cards or discuss the score on the green.
- The player with the honour on the tee should mark the score card after teeing off.
- Players should at all times play without undue delay.
- Slow players who fall a complete hole behind, impede the remainder of the field and must call the following players through.
- When a ball is lost the player/s following must be called through immediately.
- The lowest marker in the group is responsible for the conduct of the group.
- Any dispute pertaining to the game must be referred to the Match Committee whose decision will be final.